Talking About Death Won’t Kill You—Discussion Series
Based on the book by the same name, this program is designed to equip participants with the tools to have meaningful conversations about death and dying. Participants will gain insight on how to guide compassionate conversations and to develop concrete strategies that assist end-of-life choices for both individuals and their loved ones.
Sample topics that may be touched upon in the series are:
1. The benefits of becoming death literate.
2. The fear of dying, including denial and avoidance.
3. How to facilitate compassionate conversations regarding death.
4. Accepting and understanding grief.
5. How to be honest and open about end-of-life options.
6. How to create a compassionate workplace.
7. Navigating challenging conversations with health-care providers.
8. Social media and dying.
9. Deeper sense of spirituality or connectedness relating to death
Mondays, March 18 & 25, April 1 & 8
St. George’s Church, 7:00-8:30pm